Monday, August 2, 2010

..breach of 100..

      The temperature here has been getting up over 100 degrees for the past several days.  Today it got up to about 106!  This heat has absolutely been draining my energy.  All I want to do is lounge on my couch in the AC. And, yeah that is a lot of what I have been doing.  However, I did voluntarily brave the heat this weekend a bit, and I have the pictures to prove it.  Sunday was my Grandpa's and cousin's combined birthday party, so we headed over to the grandparents' house for some pizza and cake.  As the evening drug on and we were about to embark on our journey back home, my brother started getting ready to go down the road to a new dirt bike track to ride.  My brother used to race regularly when we were younger, so I spent a lot of time at tracks growing up.  So, Mike and I headed over to watch him ride before we headed home.  Unfortunately, the water truck was broken.  It felt like we were in the dust bowl.  And in that heat we were pretty sweaty.  Needless to say we didn't stay too long and we hit he showers as soon as we got home.
I pulled out a vintage vest that I have been sitting on for a while and stuck with simple and minimal for the day so I wouldn't get to horribly uncomfortable.  Hope everyone is staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment