Tuesday, March 9, 2010

..finding florals for spring..

I really love the embracing of floral, pretty girly things, and nautical for spring.  I have found some really great pieces in my scouring of the thrift stores lately.  I found a calico tie at the bottom of a bin in the men's section of our disabled veteran thrift town a while back, and I finally decided to wear it now that spring is drawing closer.
I also got ambitious this weekend and started a sewing project!  Prompted by the warm weather, I got out a pair of amazing shorts that I got on the same thrifting run.  They have a great fit, but I want to shorten them for a 50's tap short feel.  So far so good, I got most of the way done before I ran out of light.  All I need to do is to pleat in the hem and add the cuff back on.  I probably don't do things the technically correct way when sewing, but it works.  I am always learning. 

*earrings & tie- vintage thrifted
*vest- vintage hand-me-down
*shirt- gift
*pants- old navy
*shoes- vintage liz clairborne

2 comments:

  1. Those shorts look like they are going to be amazing! Glad you like the sweater top you bought from my etsy shop - yay! Can't wait to see it on you. Following your blog now. Thanks for the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to wear these shorts!

    ReplyDelete