Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Down the Bunny Trail

Well, I'll say this much, it is not as easy as it looks. Skiing that is.  I caught on quick enough, but I am now amazingly impressed by the nerve of people who can bring themselves to go down snowy mountain cliffs with sleds on their feet! My brother and our friend are some of those people.  I will likely never be one :)
I will stick to the bunny slopes for now.









Though I had a marvelous day, I must say that I do not fair well at some 8,700 feet above sea level. I have periodically had issues with anemia and believe me it shows at such an altitude!  It took us a while to figure out that altitude sickness was what was wrong with me, it felt like a horrible, unprovoked hangover.  I would definately recommend doing some research on it before a first trip to the mountains.  Lots of water, carbs, rest, and oxygen did the trick for me, and I felt better the next day.
FYI my slippers are from LL Bean. They are amazingly comfy and warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment